A part of your Phoenix home that is usually out of sight and out of mind is your home’s ductwork, but should it be? Did you know that duct cleaning is recommended every 2-3 years? While you may not be able to see the inside of your ducts, they have quite a bit of impact on both you and your family’s comfort and health. Having your home’s ducts cleaned on a regular basis brings many benefits to not just you, but also to your home’s HVAC system. We are going to dig in a little deeper below.
Benefits of Having your Home’s Ducts Cleaned
Air ducts play a critical role in your Phoenix area home. They circulate air from your HVAC system to all rooms in the house, helping to maintain comfort for your family throughout the year. Your air ducts are responsible to allow for the effective distribution of heated and cooled air throughout your home. Over time, dust and debris will naturally collect inside these ducts and can become a nuisance for several reasons.
The quality of your indoor environment greatly depends on the quality of your air ducts. Dirty or blocked air ducts won’t just create air quality issues in your home, but it can also drive up your utility bills. Below we take a look at some of the other benefits of having your home’s ducts cleaned at least every 2 to 3 years.
- Increases Efficiency: Having dirty air ducts will decrease the efficiency and effectiveness of air flow throughout your home. This means that your HVAC system will have to work harder to force air through the vents, which in turn results in more energy being wasted and higher utility bills. It can also cause premature issues with your system, even some that can result in repair or replacement before it typically would have been necessary.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency rates poor indoor air quality as an area of major concern, noting that common contaminants, endlessly redistributed by a central air system, can contribute to allergy symptoms and sickness. One of the leading causes of poor indoor air quality are air ducts that are filled with pollutants and other debris. As air is being circulated while you heat and cool your home, any dust and other airborne pollutants in your ducts will come along and infiltrate your air supply. That means even though you’re enjoying a comfortable home, the air you’re breathing might be causing adverse health effects that can range all the way from sneezing and coughing to headaches, loss of sleep and more. Your home’s ducts are also a safe haven for pollen, mold spores, bacteria, dust mites, and a whole range of contaminants that you don’t want to be breathing in.
- Removes Unpleasant Odors: Over time, mold and mildew, and other odors can get trapped in your ductwork leading them to be redistributed throughout your home. If you smell something unpleasant when your HVAC is running, it can be from your ducts. Keep in mind, rodents and pests can also make their way into your ducts and leave behind stinky aromas. A benefit of Phoenix professional duct cleaning is that it can help to eliminate any bad odors you have noticed coming from your ducts and can help restore a fresh smell to your home.
- Lowers Energy Usage: When it comes to having your home’s ducts cleaned, one of the greatest benefits homeowners find is that it helps to lower their energy costs. Whenever your system doesn’t have to work harder or on overtime to keep up with your home’s desired temperatures, you will save money. With professional duct cleaning you can improve airflow and circulation throughout your home; therefore, lower your utility bills and lead to less energy waste.
- Proactively Identify Other Issues: You may not know it, but your HVAC system could have problems looming, that would not be identified without a professional checking your system. A benefit of professional duct cleaning is that leaks, gaps, loose connections, and other problems can be spotted, so they can be resolved before they are a much larger issue. Not to mention, blocked or dirty ducts can create a fire hazard. Over time, dirt, lint, rodent nests, and other materials may accumulate within the ductwork, and when they heat up, they might ignite and cause a fire. Duct cleaning can help to eliminate any debris in your ducts that could put you, your family, and your home at risk for a fire.
When it comes to having your home’s ducts cleaned, while it’s recommended to do every 2 to 3 years, it may be needed sooner if there are signs of an issue.
If you’d like to schedule duct cleaning for your home in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and the surrounding Phoenix metro areas, Arizona Comfort Specialists is happy to assist. You can trust that our team will perform a very detailed and professional cleaning of your air ducts to ensure great indoor air quality and performance from your HVAC system. We’ll always respect your time, your home, and your unique needs as we do our utmost to earn your complete satisfaction.