Save Money and Energy All Year Round!
The summer heat has winded down, and many are looking forward to a reduction in their energy bill. Did you know that you can save money and energy all year round, not only during the summer months?
Below are a few cost-efficient tips to help you save money throughout the year:
- Install LED lights – Although the upfront costs to purchase LED lights are higher than traditional lightbulbs, LED lights have a longer lifespan. The life on new LED lights can range from 25,000 hours and up, give very little heat, and use less power.
- Hot water heater timers – A hot water heater timer is a small electronic device that fits onto your hot water heater. Depending on your lifestyle, they can be both costly, and energy-efficient. To maximize the benefits, program the timer to come on during the evening hours if no one is home during the day.
- Programmable thermostats – Installing a programmable thermostat can save you from 15-30%, and puts less wear and tear on your heating and cooling system.
- A/C Maintenance – Maintaining your A/C unit or heat pump can save you time and money by having it serviced once a year. Although your unit may only be a few years old, similar to a car – it has several moving parts, that weaken and break under extreme conditions. A weak capacitor on any motor in the unit will cause it to use more power, and shorten the life of the motor, eventually causing it to go out.
- High efficient A/C Units – Purchasing a high efficient A/C unit can also save you money for years to come. There are several tools online that will calculate how much you can save by upgrading your unit. For example, a seer calculator can estimate savings by adding the tonnage and seer rating of your unit. If you prefer to obtain this information professionally, give us a call, and we will evaluate your system and calculate your estimated savings.
- Check with your utility provider – Utility companies can review your overall usage for the last year, and tell you which plan is best for your lifestyle and usage. They can also compare plans to determine the most cost-efficient plan for you. For example, APS has several plans to choose from. However, they will not automatically provide you with the best rate. It is up to you to call them, review the options and select one that fits your lifestyle
If you have questions on how to save time, energy, and money and don’t know where to begin, please call us.
Owner and President
New Name and New Logo – Same Family
For the past 16 years, we have been providing comfort to the people and businesses of the greater Phoenix area with integrity, quality, and guaranteed excellent heating and air conditioning services. We are very grateful for the support we have received from the community, and now we are re-branding our company to reflect our values.
As you might have noticed, earlier this year, we changed our name from Rainbow Air Conditioning to Arizona Comfort Specialists Cooling and Heating. We have also designed a new logo to reflect the new name and our commitment to you, our customers.
Other than that, nothing has changed – The company is still owned and operated by the Miller family, and we are as committed as ever to integrity, honesty, fair pricing, and guaranteed quality-work.
David Reduced His Summer Bill from $800 to $350 Per Month After We Replaced 2 of His Units With High-Efficiency Units!
David Baratta purchased a home and considered remodeling to include additional square footage. Upon inspecting the age of the equipment in the home, he determined this would also be the right time to replace the air conditioning unit (A/C). Arizona Comfort Specialists Cooling and Heating was hired as one of the sub-contractors, but David decided not to move forward with the full remodel. Soon after, David received an outrageous electric bill in June, one of the hottest months in Arizona. Although it was determined the high bill was due to a billing miscalculation and the issue was resolved, this triggered David to have the A/C system evaluated, and he contacted ACS.
“Their technicians were polite and knowledgeable. I like that they did what they said they were going to do the first time, and that I didn’t have to chase them. That’s just how they operate.”
David’s existing A/C system was old, noisy, and leaked Freon. ACS owner John provided information on various options, and thoroughly reviewed them with David. “John went through the difference between manufacturers, and warranties in detail. He was perfectly content to let me make the choice until I asked him what he would suggest to me if I was a family or a friend, and he told me. This is the unit we ended up going with, and we are very happy with it.”
David was mostly impressed by their expertise and great customer service. “Their technicians were polite and knowledgeable. I like that they did what they said they were going to do the first time, and that I didn’t have to chase them. That’s just how they operate.”
Tim’s Tips is a monthly feature by Tim Miller, Field Operations Manager at Arizona Comfort Specialists Cooling and Heating. Like everyone else here, Tim’s mission is to make, sure you and your family are comfortable.
More Ways to Save Money and Energy
- Schedule Winter Service – Scheduling winter service on your heat pump or furnace is the best place to start saving money. Our knowledgeable and qualified technicians will ensure your equipment is safe and mechanically sound.
- Zoning Systems – Zoning systems are becoming more common in newer homes in Arizona. However, these energy-efficient systems can be installed in older homes as well. You can choose which sections of your home are occupied, and only cool/heat those rooms, rather than the whole home. However, there are certain ducting requirements. Call our office today for details.
- Ductless Mini Splits – Ductless mini splits may be a simple and cost-effective way to heat and cool smaller sections of your home. A mini-split is a small wall-mounted unit that provides instant heating and cooling at the click of a remote. These ultra-efficiency units turn off and on instantly and quietly and can be turned off when no one is home. If you have a space that is less occupied, such as an enclosed patio/Arizona room, home addition, IT room, game room, man cave, or garage, a mini-split might be the best option for you.
- Evaluate Ductwork – Your ducting may be old and outdated while costing you money. As such, having your ductwork evaluated during the winter rather than summer will save you money. In fact, many AC companies won’t do ducting during the summer because the temperatures are too hot for extended work in extremely hot attics. Upgrading to R.8 flex duct and repairing damaged ducting will also help save on costs. We recommend doing these in winter, so we can save you money on the work.
Holiday Time Special Offer – Discount and Turkey on Us!
Sign up for our ‘Better’ True Comfort service and get $25 off, or sign up for our ‘Best’ True Comfort service and get $50 off – Either way, we will send you a $15 Fry’s gift card, so you can have a turkey for the holidays on us!